Despite the numbers and the headlines, markets are simply comprised of individual buyers and sellers making decisions about where to place their money. The choice to buy or sell a stock can be as much an emotional one as a rational one, and the ability to manage our feelings can greatly improve our financial outcomes.
Bestselling author Louise Bedford of The Trading Game shares her thoughts on how your emotions can affect your finances, including:
- Why scared money never wins
- How to assess the credibility of an investment before you hand over your money
- What female traders do differently, that can make them more successful than men
- How long you need to invest for, and
- How to seek out quality education to improve your decision making and understanding of markets.
If you are pressed for time, consider listening at 1.5x or 2x the usual speed – this can actually improve your retention of information while saving time.