In a cycle where negative events are almost biblical in their proportion (floods and plagues), it’s hard to keep the upside in mind. But as Gaurav Sodhi of the Intelligent Investor tells it, you need to look for the opportunity in challenging times.
In this conversation, Gaurav shares:
- His ‘diabolical motive’ for loving resources
- How to be an outsider in a market that likes consensus
- Two sectors where you can cultivate a competitive advantage
- Why he’s rotating out of his most recent big wins,
- And whether there’s still a mispricing opportunity in commodities, among other things.
If you’re short on time, consider listening at 1.5-2x speed, which should be shown on the screen of your device as you listen. This won’t just reduce your listening time; it has also been shown to improve knowledge retention.