Covid has changed the world as we know it – international travel has all but stopped, central business districts have emptied and restaurants have closed. At the same time, tech stocks are at record highs and investors have enjoyed a spectacular bounce from the sharemarkets’ lows in March.
So how much of this disruption is permanent, and how much is short term? Fidelity International Global Portfolio Manager Amit Lodha joins from London to share his thoughts on:
- Why corporate travel may never return to previous levels
- Which sectors of the economy – and market – will continue to thrive
- Technological innovation beyond the majors
- The risks of stimulus withdrawal
- Why equities continue to offer value relative to bonds and
- His greatest concerns for the economy and the market in post Covid world.
For your diary: Every year, nabtrade hosts its annual Charity Trading Day, where 100% of all brokerage is given to a chosen charity. This year, Charity Trading Day will be held on Thursday 26 November – charity partner to be announced shortly.
If you’re short on time, consider listening at 1.5-2x speed, which should be shown on the screen of your device as you listen. This won’t just reduce your listening time; it has also been shown to improve knowledge retention.