The ASX200 had its largest one day fall since the GFC this week, the S&P500 was closed to prevent a fall of more than 7% in a session, and record highs are a distant memory. Coronavirus and oil shocks are creating worldwide disruption and investors are fearing recession – or worse.
In this timely discussion, Investor’s Mutual portfolio manager Dan Moore discusses all this and more, including:
- Why valuations may still need to fall
- Which companies are most likely to struggle in a downturn
- Why banks are making provisions for increased delinquencies
- Where to find gems in the chaos, and
- How a long term investor can profit if they hold their nerve.
If you’re short on time, consider listening at 1.5-2x speed, which should be shown on the screen of your device as you listen. This won’t just reduce your listening time; it has also been shown to improve knowledge retention.