In the early 2000s, the tech-heavy Nasdaq index lost almost 77% of its value – and didn’t make another new high for 15 years. Today’s behemoths like Amazon were caught up in the sell off, and took two decades to recover. Is the recent sell off in global equities going to repeat history?
Platinum Investment’s Julian McCormack shares his thoughts on:
- Why there’s further to go in this downward trend
- How to respond to a bear market
- Where there are pockets of value around the world worth focussing on
- What is driving the market lower, and
- Why it isn’t the end of the world – just the end of the cycle.
If you’re short on time, consider listening at 1.5-2x speed, which should be shown on the screen of your device as you listen. This won’t just reduce your listening time; it has also been shown to improve knowledge retention.