Despite the horrendous toll of COVID19 dominating the headlines, markets are showing surprising resilience following their initial sharp falls. Recent bounces have been some of the largest in history, illustrating the optimism of some market participants. So is all the bad news priced in?
Not everyone agrees the worst is over. In this measured discussion, Perpetual Investment Senior Portfolio Manager Greg Stock discusses:
- The likely impact of fiscal support on the economy
- Which assets won’t deliver their most recent wins for the foreseeable future
- How to assess creditworthiness in a cash crunch
- Which industries are likely to survive and thrive, and
- His views on the prediction of a further 30% fall in equity prices.
If you’re short on time, consider listening at 1.5-2x speed, which should be shown on the screen of your device as you listen. This won’t just reduce your listening time; it has also been shown to improve knowledge retention.